Commendable
May 4, 2016
Hello!

Here is my build
CPU: i7-5930k
GPU: Nvidia 980ti
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5"
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS is on this one)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Memory: 16BG RAM DDR4
Case: Roswell ThorV2
PSU: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum
Optical Drive:LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray

Here is my problem.

2 days ago I was playing GTA V on my computer when suddenly all the screens went black and then about a minute later my computer cut off. Because I was busy at the time I walked away and did not come back until yesterday. Then upon booting up the computer I ran into another issue, the computer would get to the black screen and then there would just be a blinking white underscore. I can still use control alt delete to get back to the BIOS screen. Once there if I try to boot from my other two drives that do not have my OS it goes to the black screen then back to BIOS screen. However if I try to boot from my SSD with the OS then I just get back to a black screen. My motherboard keeps giving me the code for Legacy Boot error. So I initially thought my SSD was broken or not plugged in so I re-plugged it in and moved SATA spots.
I then tried to use my windows 8.1 install disk (I'm currently on windows 10 though). Once I put the disk in I first tried to install windows thinking my SSD was broken. However the windows install software recognized all three of my drives including the SSD with the OS. In fact it will not let me install windows because it says windows is already installed on the computer. However when I try to use the repair option on the computer it just goes back to the bios screen.

I'm not sure how to fix the issue now as I can't reset the computer, refresh it or install the OS again.

Any potential solutions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Before reinstalling try fixing bootloader.
If booting from win8 install media doesn't give you access to repair options, then use win10 install media.
You can fix bootloader from command prompt (accessible when booting from windows install media).
Commands to use:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

Edit: You may need to run chkdisk on your windows partition also.

Dr Afrotastic

Commendable
May 4, 2016

I tried using those commands. When I used fixmbr and fixboot it said "operation completed successfully"

However when I use rebuildbcd it says
"Succesfully scanned windows installations: 1
[1] F:/Windows
add installation to boot list? Yes[Y]/No[N]/All[A]

when I put in Yes it then says
"The requested system device cannot be found."

Should I just re-format my SSD and install windows again?

Dr Afrotastic

Commendable
May 4, 2016
The PC now keeps going to a screen that says recovery where it gives me the error code. However it will not let me have the option of recovering the system from my USB, it just keeps going to the error page and cutting on and off again.
(My USB has a back up of windows 10)
and when I try to recover using Windows 8.1 disk it says the drive is locked

Dr Afrotastic

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I have used command prompt and now I have a new issue. I use bootrec/repairBcd and then it shows one instance but always then says "Requested system device cannot be found"

Dr Afrotastic

Commendable
May 4, 2016

When I do that it says
"The type of file system is RAW.
CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.