OpenOffice overrides the "New" section of the Context Menu (right-click desktop) how to revert to OEM?

RepoDraghon

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
OpenOffice installs in the "New" section of the Context Menu (right-click desktop) some overrides to the stuff that was there, one being new .bmp file. please for the love of all, I cannot find any source on how to revert this "New" menu back to the OEM one. I only want the "New" items reverted not all the other stuff. and all I can find it the "New Context Menu" stuff, not the "New" Context Menu option. I found one site that said to use some download files which didn't work, found one of editing stuff in Regedit but that didn't work that I know of although I do see again the New Text and Rich Text options again but I may have not noticed that till now. That bmp one though, I neeeeeeeed that one back... or even a jpg/jpeg one would be better...

Currently running Win10

Solution
Mine's messed up too, and says "Faststone" though clicking it launches the W10 Photo viewer.

*I did change this to open "Paint" instead though the right-click menu still says Faststone. Sigh.

May be a better fix, possibly a way to reset menus but for now maybe try:

start
settings
system
default apps
choose default app by file type

Then change the .bmp extension to use Paint instead.
Mine's messed up too, and says "Faststone" though clicking it launches the W10 Photo viewer.

*I did change this to open "Paint" instead though the right-click menu still says Faststone. Sigh.

May be a better fix, possibly a way to reset menus but for now maybe try:

start
settings
system
default apps
choose default app by file type

Then change the .bmp extension to use Paint instead.

Solution