My wifi connection keeps cutting out. I know for sure it's my pc that's causing the problem, and not my router. Whenever it cu

appleslize

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
My wifi connection keeps cutting out. I know for sure it's my pc that's causing the problem, and not my router. Whenever it cuts off on my pc, it's still working on my phone, which is connected to the same wifi as my pc. Only way to fix it, is to do a restart. Really annoying.

Any advice? Currently running on windows 10.

Thanks

Solution
There is a new setting in Windows 10's Power Options applet of the Control Panel. It's here:
Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Wireless adapter settings -> Power saving mode. Change both settings to MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE.
Now wasn't that clever of the folks at Microsoft? It drove me crazy until I found it and changed it. After that I've lived happily ever after. :)

Good luck.

appleslize

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
I'm using a PCI TL-WN951N on a pc. Motherboard name: MSI B85M-E45
Something i forgot to mention. I recived a new wireless access point today, which i have set up. It's right after that the problem starting occuring. But i don't think it's the access point, since my phone's internet still works when my pc don't. I can also fix it by troubleshooting with windows. But it will still cut out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't know much about them but is it possible the phone is using another access point and you need a password or something to access the new one?

Did u install it or can you check with people that did to see if its something they can fix?

There is a new setting in Windows 10's Power Options applet of the Control Panel. It's here:
Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Wireless adapter settings -> Power saving mode. Change both settings to MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE.
Now wasn't that clever of the folks at Microsoft? It drove me crazy until I found it and changed it. After that I've lived happily ever after. :)

Good luck.

Solution

appleslize

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
I realized, that my mini router was wrongly configured. My phone was connected to the same as my PC, so no idea why my PC would cut out even though my phone wouldn't.

Button line, problem fixed, thank you for your help

xstarrs

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

It won't let me click apply. ._.

Seedy1209

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017