PC lags while downloading or loading a video

Migalis

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2016
My computer lags, like adio and mouse stuttering really badly whenever I download a game on steam or anything, and when Im watching a youtube video sometimes. It's really weird and It's only been happening for about 5 days, and I havent done any big changes to my pc at all, the only thing I remember is downloading a game to my SSD, thats it, my ssd does not have windows on it, its on my hard drive, and I also downloaded BITdefender, I updated all my drivers and the problem doesnt go away.

I'd love it if someone could help me out with this thanks.

Migalis

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2016

Is that what my post looks like? Its literal pc lag, not internet lag I get 25mb/s I get 4mb/s when I download a game, I believe it is something internal

Colif

Win 11 Master
go to motherboard makers web site and see if any new lan or chip set drivers for board. check if there is a new bios

Once you done this, run driver booster and see if it finds anything else.

you can also change your power plan to High performance, change monitor/pc to never turn off, and in advanced options set the hdd to never turn off - this can help with the stutters

try this:
There is a new setting in Windows 10's Power Options applet of the Control Panel. It's here:
Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Wireless adapter settings -> Power saving mode. Change both settings to MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE.
Now wasn't that clever of the folks at Microsoft? It drove me crazy until I found it and changed it. After that I've lived happily ever after. :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3051928/wifi-connection-cutting-causing-problem-router.html

Migalis

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2016

Right so I did this exactly, I checked my msi drivers, I got live update, everythings updated and I got driver booster and 4 of my drivers were old so I updated everything, now I believe all my drivers are up to date, and still when I watch a video or something, the lag still happens, I rebooted after updating all my drivers as well.