GTX 750 - Unique Problem with dual monitor display

jaugustavo

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Hello all,

I have a Nvidia GTX 750 on an older Dell connected to two monitors and a tv. One monitor is an Asus VG248QE hooked up using DisplayPort, one is a Dell monitor hooked up using DVI and the tv is hooked up with HDMI.

About a week ago my machine froze, or at least the displays did. One screen went beige and the other lime green. When this happened the tv display was turned off in the Nvidia control panel. I turned the machine off by holding down the power button till it shut off, let it sit for awhile and fired it back up. When I did the Dell monitor was no longer recognized and the tv display was turned on.

I thought maybe the DVI wire burnt out or the DVI socket on the card died but the weird thing is when I boot the machine up the Dell boot up screen and Windows 10 boot up screens both show on the Dell but when it comes time to login the Dell is no longer recognized and everything goes to the Asus. When I check the Nvidia or Windows control panels there is no instance of the Dell anywhere...and the Dell says there is no signal coming from the PC.

Hopefully someone has some insight, this is blowing my mind right now.