Dual monitor windowed gaming with different refresh rates issue! Or just windowed?

Linghult

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
So I have a 120hz Samsung display and a 60hz Benq display. I use the 120 hz to game on (obviously) and the Benq one for browsing and whatnot. I've googled the shit out of this ... but here it goes!

There is a slight stutter when playing games in windowed mode (compared to super smooth full screen) , but since i wanna be able to quickly tab out etc i prefer windowed 99% of the time.

So i read somewhere that it might have to do with refresh rates being different. (and no i wont set them both to 60 to fix the issue). I want that silky smooth 120hz while playing windowed! Other people mention that disabling windows aero works, but if i understandi t correctly; windows 10 does not have this.

Here are my specs anyway:

Windows 10 64bit
R9 290x
i5 6600k
8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance (i have a 2nd stick but seems these fuckers are hard to get to work with my motherboard)
Asus z170 Pro gaming
120gb Corsair SSD
500gb Samsung SSD
2tb external USB drive.

I have updated everything such as GPU drivers and whatnot. Unless the AMD beta driver would magically fix this (which i doubt it would!).

If this could be fixed i will be eternally grateful! I just cant seem to find any proper answer for this on the interwebs, and tomshardware have always come to the rescue the other couple of times i needed it!

Love, Jens :3