WiFi does not connect to the correct network automatically

dudebob2491

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2014
My WiFi adapter is ASUS PCE-N10. This is a problem I see only in Windows 10 64-bit after my recent upgrade form Windows 7.

During startup, my WiFi keeps wrongly automatically connecting to the neighbor's guest network and not have internet access due to lack of password. No matter what I do, I cannot set get my computer to remember to automatically connect to my own home network.

Some methods I tried that failed to correct the problem include:
1. Checking the "Connect Automatically" box when I connect to my home network manually.
2. Using command prompt to set my home network to be connected automatically and my neighbor's network to be connect manually
3. Using the command prompt to set my home network priority as #1
4. Downloading the latest drivers from ASUS. Mine says they are up to date for July 2015.
5. Going into device manager under network devices. Then uninstall the adapter and reboot my computer.
6. Renewing my IP using ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew

The above were all the popular methods that seemed to help people, but none of it works for me! Does anyone have any ideas?

On a side note, sometimes when I boot up my computer, the Wi-Fi does seem to connect to my home network initially since I don't see that exclamation mark by my Wi-Fi icon in the task bar. However, this may last 1-5 seconds before the Wi-Fi switches to the neighbor's guest network and says cannot connect...