can I transfer from windows 10 32bit to windows 10 64bit for free?

Aug 21, 2015
I've already downloaded the media creation kit and currently downloading a windows 10 64bit OS installer, so here goes. btw thanks for taking the time to read this and advance thank you to people who will give the answer or reply to this!

Hi! I have already upgraded to windows 10 32bit from my windows 7 ultimate 32bit version. I didn't choose the 64bit back then as it will need me to do a clean install which I can't really do on my own. now that I have secured some help with a friend to install a 64bit version. I'm wondering if windows 10 32bit to 64bit would still be free and that it will need me to enter a product key? I know I can't find it anywhere on my system as it will only show xxxxxxxx, how can I acquire my product key? and is it absolutely possible and free for me to go from 32bit to 64bit? thank you so much/
btw I'm going to apply this on one device which is my laptop which is as I said already running win 10 32bit.

Solution
According to this you can: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-migrate-to-windows-10-64-bit-from-32-bit/40d90c4e-8845-4bcb-bb2f-aeab312caf74 its not very clear though.

You don't have a key. Microsoft have a record of that laptop on their servers so when you install win 10 and get to screen asking for a key, you just click I don't have a key and it should activate itself on install.

If you have any hassles with activation afterwards, contact Microsoft and they will help you work it out

the way you did it is actually the recommended approach for people coming from 32 bit versions of previous windows, you have to update to 32 bit win 10, make sure its activated and then dl the 64 bit...

Colif

Win 11 Master
According to this you can: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-migrate-to-windows-10-64-bit-from-32-bit/40d90c4e-8845-4bcb-bb2f-aeab312caf74 its not very clear though.

You don't have a key. Microsoft have a record of that laptop on their servers so when you install win 10 and get to screen asking for a key, you just click I don't have a key and it should activate itself on install.

If you have any hassles with activation afterwards, contact Microsoft and they will help you work it out

the way you did it is actually the recommended approach for people coming from 32 bit versions of previous windows, you have to update to 32 bit win 10, make sure its activated and then dl the 64 bit iso and do a full clean install. You just took a little longer :)

Solution
Aug 21, 2015

thank you so much. that link is very helpful.