Fresh install windows 10 but AMD drivers won't install!!

BigJayA

Reputable
May 11, 2014
literally pulling my hair out....did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday as I was advised against upgrading, anyhow....my first task was to put the AMD drivers in to support my triple screen setup....and i cant even get that to work...i tried selecting the driver manually from AMD site and also the automatic download tool...to ensure I was installing the correct driver....but my issue is a 'your operating system is not supported' error!!!)....the only way I can get CCC to install is off the disc that came with my r9 290 gpu...but the drivers are very old now so it needs to be updated...soon as i try it it stops working again (had successfully got eyefinity setup with disc software).

Anybody else had this?? its driving me mad and I'm about to throw the towel in and go back to windows 7!!!

Solution
windows 10 tends to download motherboard drivers in first 30 minutes after installation. have a look in settings/updates & security/windows update/advanced options/view your update history and see if anything in there looks like motherboard drivers from maker of your board. Asus ones appear as Asustek, for instance

you can also try Driver Booster and see what it finds.

BigJayA

Reputable
May 11, 2014
also tried a few older versions of drivers and still no good....same error pops up!!! tried running in compatibility mode and that won't have it either!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows 10 tends to download motherboard drivers in first 30 minutes after installation. have a look in settings/updates & security/windows update/advanced options/view your update history and see if anything in there looks like motherboard drivers from maker of your board. Asus ones appear as Asustek, for instance

you can also try Driver Booster and see what it finds.

Solution