Is it time to upgrade from Asus P8P67 + 2500k + GTX 770

SnappyDragon2

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Hey,

I've been out of touch with PC hardware upgrades for some time mainly due to budget constraints

I've been running with the below rig for some time now and wonder whether its really time to beef it up or swap out altogether. Apart from a GFX switch a couple of years ago this stuff is all from 2011/12.

CPU: I5 2500k (stock speed at present)
Mobo: Asus P8P67
GFX: GTX 770
RAM: 2x 4gb + 2x 2gb sticks at 668MHz freq
SSD: OCZ 250gb

I'm mainly using the system for watching vids whilst gaming current main gaming is The Division and Eve online.

Are there any suggestions is it time to loosen the purse strings and buy a whole new setup or should I just add more RAM and OC the CPU?

Hi, nice setup. :) My recommendation would be to overclock that CPU. 2500ks are awesome cpus for overclocking and that board should be semi-decent for overclocking. You could also overclock the GPU if you like. DO you get lag in the games you play? What makes you want to upgrade?

SnappyDragon2

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Hi thanks for the response I was thinking of switching out simply due age of the motherboard. Also I don't get to play all games on max settings, the division is jittery at times but that may well be game bugs.

I'll give the CPU an OC and add some more RAM.