What if I had a different monitor with different resolution

aler115

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I have
i5 2310 2.9 GHz
gtx 960 4GB MSI
8+2 GB ram 1333 MHz
Hitman(2016) is installed on SSD (550mb/s read i think)

I maxed out all settings except the one that starts from 1.0 and goes to 2.0
I was getting 55-56 fps average on 1366x768 resolution(even in combat: final prologue mission)
I don't know if my fps is fixed or not.

My question : If I replace my 1366x768 with a 1920x1080 monitor would my fps drop, if so how much percentage ?
Would it affect the gameplay ?

Solution
yes your FPS would drop, quite a bit even, since you are effectively displaying almost 2x the amount of pixels
benchmarks with Hitman on a gtx960 (although with better CPU and ram) suggest an FPS around the 40 mark

the good thing about moving to 1080p resolution is you can actually lower some graphic settings more than your current resolution and still look great/better than now
same reason people playing on 4k can/often turn AA completely off, while people on 1080p still "needs" AA on

moving to a higher resolution on same hardware will always result in either lower fps on same quality setting, or having to lower certain quality settings to maintain an identical FPS
that being said, the GTX 960 is "meant" for 1080p resolution so will...

Gnuffi

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
yes your FPS would drop, quite a bit even, since you are effectively displaying almost 2x the amount of pixels
benchmarks with Hitman on a gtx960 (although with better CPU and ram) suggest an FPS around the 40 mark

the good thing about moving to 1080p resolution is you can actually lower some graphic settings more than your current resolution and still look great/better than now
same reason people playing on 4k can/often turn AA completely off, while people on 1080p still "needs" AA on

moving to a higher resolution on same hardware will always result in either lower fps on same quality setting, or having to lower certain quality settings to maintain an identical FPS
that being said, the GTX 960 is "meant" for 1080p resolution so will do great there, it handles all games fine, just need to tweak some graphic settings to get an optimal FPS, but the games will still look great

Solution