Pc shutting off without warning

Jordanterry2000

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
recently my pc has been shutting off without warning doing various tasks like photoshop, Downloading games on steam and converting dvds.

It is shutting off as if i have held the power button but is turning itself Straight back on.
I have cecked the system temps and they are all low-medium.
I have read more posts on the forum and in similar cases it has been the psu, but they have not been turning themselves back on.

specs
fx6300
gtx750ti
8gb ddr3 1333
cit 450u
unsure what motherboard

Also it is not software related I tried ubuntu to see what happened and it still did it

Thank you for any help

abhilaas

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
Okay, this problem can have many reasons, the PSU can be one of the most important, and any ways this is a very entry level PSU not even 80+ certified. Gtx 750ti is a very energy efficient gfx card, but still I don't think ur PSU can handle it. Nextly many times ur case RESET button can malfunction by touching each other( TERMINALS IN IT TOUCHING EACH OTHER) leading to system restarts. Last but not the least it can also be caused by a faulty RAM or even bad sectors on ur boot drive. Before making any changes do have a check on ur RAM, HDD and RESET button.

Jordanterry2000

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

i have checked the ram and hdd I will try the reset button and let you know, thank you for the response