How to Burn ISO to HDD?

jay213

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Yes an actual ISO of a hard drive created with a utility to back up synthesizer data.
The actual progroam wont restore it, something is boggled with it.

Nero said "this is not a nero image" Its not a CD/DVD image its from the hard drive and I used to restore it but now I cant!

Any other software that can write ISO to DISK?

jay213

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Hi thanks, its not an OS its old sampler files not dos and not windows. Its audio files on a special file format.
So a PC cant see any of it. Just burning of the ISO is all I can do.

Then I fear I am out of ideas.
ISO as burnable file extension, has existed for ages. it's format has not changed.

IF said file is indeed burnable ISO file, it should be recognized just fine by nero and openable (to copy out it's contents) by winrar.
IF nero can't recognize it, there are pretty much two possibilities, it is either not burnable ISO file or.. it has been corrupted by something.

You should try winrar though since past missing ability to burn ISO file contents to disk (or to hard disk) it is 1:1 copy of the contents, possibly giving you a chance to recreate the ISO file.

Windows 8 and higher can browse ISO files natively. Just double-click on it and (unless you changed the default handler) it'll open up just like it's a folder, giving you access to the files inside. Assuming it's a properly formatted ISO file and not some proprietary format they just decided to name ISO.

If the file used to work but doesn't anymore, it's probably corrupted so the programs don't recognize it as an ISO anymore. There are a variety of ISO repair utilities out there. If the file structure is laid out like it is on a CD/DVD, then the file directory is at the end, so any corruption in the files can cause the entire directory to become unreadable with normal ISO tools since the corruption means they don't know when the file ends and when the directory begins. (Zip has the same problem; other formats like RAR save the file directory first so corruption only mangles the one file whose bit got flipped.)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iso+repair+tools

jay213

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Ok if I cant burn an ISO then this is the software log.
Its supposed to see the drives! Now I have the new UEFI what have you windows 7/10 motherboards set in bios/
\.\PhysicalDrive0 = \Device\Harddisk0\DR0
Opening: failed: Access is denied.

(code=0x00000005)

jay213

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
solved, Windows 7 and 10 think im not the admin and think I dont want to own my drives.
I really hate that, enabled admin.

Some day ill just figure it out its very complex to use a PC now days if you dont "OWN" your folders and apps???

Also removed windows defender.