How do I create an older restore point than is available in system restore. older restore points have been deleted.

Solution

I use Macrium Reflect
Every night at 2AM, it makes a full image of the C drive, to another drive of the system. Keep for 2 weeks.
Every Sunday at 3AM, make another full image to another PC on the LAN. Keep for 4 weeks.

If I need it, there is yesterdays backup.
If this whole PC melts into a pile of goo....I go back to last Sundays image, that lives on the other system.

The other, non-OS drives, are backed up differently.
What you can and should do is get yourself an external hard drive and make regular full system backups to it. You can keep these until the end of time if so desired. There are plenty of good free backup/restore programs around. I use Easeus Todo Backup free.

Good luck.

Wildbilly

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I've been really remiss in doing that since buying this unit with Windows 10 installed, budget got ridiculously tight unexpectedly. This Todo Backup sounds like the way to go, I like free, so I should export a picture of my system to an external hard drive using this software?

USAFRet

Titan

I use Macrium Reflect
Every night at 2AM, it makes a full image of the C drive, to another drive of the system. Keep for 2 weeks.
Every Sunday at 3AM, make another full image to another PC on the LAN. Keep for 4 weeks.

If I need it, there is yesterdays backup.
If this whole PC melts into a pile of goo....I go back to last Sundays image, that lives on the other system.

The other, non-OS drives, are backed up differently.

Solution