Where can I store big files on other than my computer?

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
Recently, my computer stopped being capable of reading my keyboard and mouse on the login screen of Windows (I don't exactly know why, it just happened out of nowhere) I took it to someone to backup almost all my files for me, he reinstalled Windows for me (which I could've done myself, although I don't know how to backup files from a system that you literally can't access) and I got the computer back and all was well. Everything was fine. Had a backup folder on the desktop where I could get all my pictures, documents, and things on the desktop and other stuff from, just had to install some of my software. So there's that. But this backup folder's size is MASSIVE. It's 50GB. I only have a 160GB Western Digital Hard Drive, this is clogging up all the space on my computer. I have everything already back that I acquired from the backup, but I want to keep this backup on file just incase anything happens again. Please someone tell me where I can store this. I could delete it, but I want to keep it on file just incase anything happens again..
I could store this on cloud storage, but most cloud storage services only offer up to 5GB or so, like dropbox. There is mediafire that has 50GB free, but you can only store 5GB to 10GB a file, not 50GB. You need to pay to get like 100TB, but that's too much for me. I don't want to pay for any cloud storage.
I could put the backup on my laptop which has a lot more hard drive space left, but I don't have any device like an external hard drive to put this backup on. I have a couple of usb flash drives, but one is 16gb and the other as well, and then one is 4GB. its not enough.
Anyone know where I could put this backup or how I could transfer this file over to my laptop without cloud storage services? I really want to have atleast 50GB hard drive space. I only literally have 500MB left! Lol!

EDIT: I could get another extra hard drive, but I'm not looking forward into that right now, need to save up some money for a gaming computer. I do have a 250GB western digital hard drive from an old 2008 computer I have sitting around, but for some reason, that hard drive sounds like theres sand in it whenever i shake it.

Solution
While it might not be the most perfect solution, you could always try a Snapshot tool like Comodo Time Machine or Rollback Rx. Reason being, you can take a snapshot of your system which is compressed, delete or move the data, then take a new snapshot. Snapshots might be a bit big but both programs offer a free solution so might be worth considering.
If you don't want to pay for cloud services, then just get an external hard drive. You can get a 1TB WD external for $55-$60 bucks. That way you can keep your desktop and your laptop backed up for the next time problems arise.

Also if you have a drive that sounds like there's sand in it, for the love of everything, don't use it. The only thing its good for at that point is opening up to play with the magnets and platters.

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
If you don't want to pay a cloud storage for your backup, all you need is to backup your files of this following storage disk: DVD drive, all you need is to burn your files in this compact disk. You need to install either Nero for fastest file burning, External drive- this is a hard drive that you can connect to the USB port, and install another HDD in your computer. Both of this you need to select and you need budget to buy it. For me, its better to install a highest storage HDD like 2TB for your computer for your important files. Then you can delete also to your files that it is not important to you. You need to decide now of the options I give to you, you budget for your important files.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
While it might not be the most perfect solution, you could always try a Snapshot tool like Comodo Time Machine or Rollback Rx. Reason being, you can take a snapshot of your system which is compressed, delete or move the data, then take a new snapshot. Snapshots might be a bit big but both programs offer a free solution so might be worth considering.

Solution

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

The Truth. Explains why every tech company hands out branded USB's at trade shows/conventions ;)