Corrupt files please help!

msproject251

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
My windows is messed up and some programs are messed up and icons and i did sfc /scannow on cmd but it came out with this: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Solution
Once the files get corrupted, they're going to stay corrupted until you do a hard drive scan. Click File Explorer, right-click the C: drive and click Properties, then click the Tools tab and click Check. This will probably require a reboot. The scan can take an hour or two depending on the size of your hard drive.

Good luck.
Two possible solutions. First try System Restore to a point prior to the beginning of the problem. This assumes that you've turned System Restore on. Next if System Restore doesn't help, restore from a backup you've made.

Good luck.

vengence560

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

msproject251

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015

I tried that and i re-installed windows about 3 times and there are still corrupted files? what is going on?

Once the files get corrupted, they're going to stay corrupted until you do a hard drive scan. Click File Explorer, right-click the C: drive and click Properties, then click the Tools tab and click Check. This will probably require a reboot. The scan can take an hour or two depending on the size of your hard drive.

Good luck.

Solution