Bad system config info

Solution
Hi,

Here are troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others that may help.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Graphics card driver.
- Next is to uninstall anything related to the GPU in Programs and Features.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the PC once the latest driver has been installed.
- If it will still not work do also check the temperature of your PC while playing a game because overheating can cause BSOD's as well.
Hi,

Here are troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others that may help.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Graphics card driver.
- Next is to uninstall anything related to the GPU in Programs and Features.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the PC once the latest driver has been installed.
- If it will still not work do also check the temperature of your PC while playing a game because overheating can cause BSOD's as well.

Solution

Jxochoa

Commendable
May 9, 2016
It's quite possible that you may have downloaded something that could have effected your RAM, BSODs usually happen due to software and hardware problems. if you could post abit more info, for example, any programs or software you may have downloaded prior to these events, it'd be extremely helpful in solving this problem. It'd also be helpful to know what version or OS you're using for your pc, such as Windows 7 or 10, and to let me know if perhaps your machine emitted any beep codes, that'd be most helpful. For now, follow Laptop master's instructions to see if his method works first, if it doesn't, proceed to give me the information.

put your memory dump on a server, mark it for public access and post a link.
generally bugcheck 0x74 BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO has parameter 4 that has a status code that indicates why the bugcheck was called.
Ie, the registry is corrupt or the drive disconnected while trying to access the registry very hard to say.

if the drive disconnected often the memory dump will not be saved.