Will the specs of my PC affect if I can run OS X in Virtual Machine?

austinsherman

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
I wanted to build a hackintosh but the parts are extremely limited. I was thinking that maybe I could just run it in virtual machine but I don't know if you have to have certain specs for that like you would with hackintosh. Thanks!

Solution
Hello austinsherman

When talking about virtual machines, you can either use VMware Player/Workstation or Oracle VirtualBox. The purpose can be served well if you have an Intel Core i3 or above processor with 6 GB or greater RAM.

With these specifications and the correct installation media, you can easily run Mac on a VM on your Windows computer.

The correct installation media can be an ISO image of OS X that is compatible with Intel computers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)
Hello austinsherman

When talking about virtual machines, you can either use VMware Player/Workstation or Oracle VirtualBox. The purpose can be served well if you have an Intel Core i3 or above processor with 6 GB or greater RAM.

With these specifications and the correct installation media, you can easily run Mac on a VM on your Windows computer.

The correct installation media can be an ISO image of OS X that is compatible with Intel computers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Solution