The audio from my PC plays through my headset microphone (I have tried disabling system sounds) Please could someone help?

ConnorJames

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I have a Plantronics Gamecom 388 headset and have windows 10 as my operating system. The headset plugs into both 3.5mm jacks and I have them connected to the right jacks. I have disabled all other audio devices and disabled system sounds. I have also tried turning my microphone audio but it still plays the audio coming from my pc/through my earphones. This annoys the people which I speak with as noises I make in game and videos I watch all play through the microphone. I have checked all of my recording devices and even after checking disabled/disconnected devices system sounds was not in my recording devices. I hope there is enough information here for someone to help.

***note I do not have realtek and instead have an amd sound card which is very annoying***

I hope someone can help :)

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- After installing the latest driver do make sure that the Playback and Recording devices are set according to your preference.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Device first.
- Do make sure that the Plantronics headset is set as the Default.
- Next is to click on Recording Devices and do also make sure that the Plantronics headset microphone is set as the default.

Hopefully this will help. :)