What NVIDIA card should I replace my Radeon with?

Timsierramist

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I recently made the switch to Intel from AMD processors. I ended up purchasing a Intel 4970k to replace my aging AMD 8159 and was amazed. Well, I'm ready to move up to the Nvidia graphics cards as well but could use some advice on this subject. I currently have two Radeon 7990's in Crossfire mode and was wondering what Nvidia has in it's lineup that could possibly be better than that? I am aware of course that there are probably plenty of cards that could outdo that, but I'm not sure where that "line starts" so to speak. For example, would a Nvida GTI 690 be better than a Radeon 7990 in Crossfire mode? Obviously, in some cases, some don't use Crossfire, but assuming that a game did, where should I begin my search?

Thank you!

You need to move up a few generations, mate, all those are very dated now.
I suggest you hold off on any purchases for a while: Nvidia have just announced their new generation 'Pascal' based cards and AMD aren't far behind with their own 'Polaris' parts.
Keep a close eye on developments with regards to both, the reviews and dust won't settle until late June/July but the wait should be more than worth it.

A 7990 is ranked 32nd overall on the PassMark charts, there is no need to change that card out, especially if you have two of them http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7990&id=2528

Your biggest boost will be from the AMD to the Intel CPU, the video cards are perfectly fine for a few more years, especially if you are on 1080 resolution.