Win 8.1 Enterprise to win 10

Bonzoh

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I am an individual what is running windows 8.1 enterprise on my laptop. I have been using this machine since 2012 and got the windows enterprise from a friend. Luckily at the time i had an Msdn subscription where i could obtain a product key. Now that i have no means to obtain one, does this mean i will not be able to upgrade to windows 10 for free?

Solution
No You don't qualify. Enterprise customers have a different offer that goes thru MS.

Can Enterprise customers get the free Windows 10 upgrade?
Enterprise customers with active Software Assurance subscription in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer.

While we support your plan to go 'legal' I'm afraid that your only option is to purchase 10 (Currently $80 at newegg for home edition)

popatim

Titan
No You don't qualify. Enterprise customers have a different offer that goes thru MS.

Can Enterprise customers get the free Windows 10 upgrade?
Enterprise customers with active Software Assurance subscription in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer.

While we support your plan to go 'legal' I'm afraid that your only option is to purchase 10 (Currently $80 at newegg for home edition)

Solution

Bonzoh

Commendable
May 10, 2016
Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately i am probably going to stay on windows 8.1. I don't think win 10 home edition is sufficient to run visual studio and supporting software.