Realtek HD audio manager problems with headset

JIB271

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hi ppl - Having problem with my headset
using windows 10 desktop with realtek hd audio manager
I have tested multiple headsets, ports work
All drivers up to date
I plug in my razer headset (mic built in - not line in) - both jacks green and pink
Recognized as headphone and mic
I dont get sound and I dont know if my mic works either
Next, I tested a separate pair of speakers - work fine
tried a line in headset - reassigned green plug to line in (instead of headphone or microphone)
again no sound and not sure if mic works
when I reassign the green port to back to headphone - headphones works, line in mic doesnt
how do i get my razer headset audio/mic to work?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to make sure that the headphone is set as the default sound device.
- Right click on the speaker icon and select Playback Devices.
- Once open and if the headphone is listed, right click on it and select Set Defaults then click Apply and OK.
- Next is to click on Recording Devices and make sure that the Mic is set as the default Recording Device.
- If it will not work, uninstall/reinstall the sound driver.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also install the Razer Synapse software that may also help.
- Here's the link: http://rzr.to/synapse-pc-download

JIB271

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

hi,
So when i plug in the green and pink plugs, it is recognized separately as a speaker and a mic, not a headset. When I go to playback devices, Speaker is listed, and under the recordings tab, the mic is listed. Driver redownloaded, still not working. Also, its a dektop! Got anything else? =D
Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
what does it display as in Realtek Audio Manager? Does it show as a headset or 2 different things, if headset you can set defaults from here.

I don't know whether to blame Realtek or Razer, Synapse isn't the greatest software known to man. Does the headset have any options in synapse?

Do you have latest Realtek drivers, they should be 6.0.1.7746

JIB271

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Hi - all drivers are up to date
synapse doesnt show my headset
realtek doesnt recognize it as a headset, rather as a separate mic and spearker

Colif

Win 11 Master

I suggest you make your own thread as this is an old one and only people likely to answer it are those who were in it before. You will get more hits that way :)