Wits end with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

ScottyPrime

Commendable
May 10, 2016
Hey folks,

This particular error I know is not uncommon necessarily and I have seen that using the Command Prompt: DEL /F /S /Q /A "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\epfwwfp.sys" can solve it.

However I'm at an impasse as to even getting the command prompt open. When I try to access it I get blocked by a request for a password for defaultuser0, which as I understand is another not uncommon issue sometimes faced with this system. There doesn't seem to be a way around the defaultuser0 issue as there is no option to add accounts or delete the old one.

If I try to completely wipe the computer and start all over again I once more run into a request to give the password for the defaultuser0 account, so I really don't know what it is that I can do. I don't have a disk to boot from as this PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed, is there any solution out there?

Solution
Are you by any chance using ESET Security? If so it's a driver issue that is causing your problem. There is link to a forum that should be able to give you more information toward solving this problem. If you need more help just let me know.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/5526-bsod-after-upgrading-windows-81-to-windows-10/
Are you by any chance using ESET Security? If so it's a driver issue that is causing your problem. There is link to a forum that should be able to give you more information toward solving this problem. If you need more help just let me know.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/5526-bsod-after-upgrading-windows-81-to-windows-10/

Solution

ScottyPrime

Commendable
May 10, 2016
It's possible that is the issue but right this moment I believe I'm locked out almost completely from accessing anything. This crash is happening during install not an update so there isn't even an account to get into yet (aside from the aforementioned "defaultuser0" account, which doesn't seem to be accessible).

Is there any way I can access the system files without actually being able to login or enter commands?