Any chance of data in my usb become corrupted by power off PC by power button ?

Yusuf Il

Honorable
Aug 16, 2014
While in bios screen I turned off my computer by forcing the power button at that time my usb was plugged in and in that usb there is windows 10 installation files and some important data for me any chance any data got corrupted ? Or while in bios PC does not read data ?

Solution
Powering off instead of going through the normal way to shut down is always subject to some risk. Most of the time you can get away with it, but it's a risk you shouldn't take if at all avoidable. In this particular case, if the install process goes through without problems, you got away with it. It's like exceeding the speed limit. Most of the time you can get away with it, but there's always the risk there's a cop with a radar gun you don't see until it's too late. Better to be safe than sorry with powering off because unlike speeding, it doesn't get you anywhere much faster.
Powering off instead of going through the normal way to shut down is always subject to some risk. Most of the time you can get away with it, but it's a risk you shouldn't take if at all avoidable. In this particular case, if the install process goes through without problems, you got away with it. It's like exceeding the speed limit. Most of the time you can get away with it, but there's always the risk there's a cop with a radar gun you don't see until it's too late. Better to be safe than sorry with powering off because unlike speeding, it doesn't get you anywhere much faster.

Solution

Starcruiser

Honorable
Usually the most risk of losing/corrupting data is when the data is actively being accessed at the exact time of power off. BIOS won't access your USB like that except in some cases where you can update the BIOS from them.
There is *always* a small risk of data loss at any given time on any system. This is the nature of magnetic data storage. (SSD's and USB's have an even lower risk in that area) This small chance is slightly larger when the system is improperly shut down, slightly more so if the OS is loaded.

TRENDING THREADS