Can you use an old aio radiator in a new custom water cooling setup?

amir01

Commendable
May 11, 2016
I am looking into building a new PC and a custom water cooling loop looks very intriguing however at the same time, very expensive. So, is it possible for me to get an AIO cooler like the LEPA AquaChanger 240 and then when I have the extra money, use the radiator and buy some other components and use it like that? Or should I just get a cheaper air cooler and then get a full loop later? Let me know if its possible or if it's a good idea.
Thanks! And happy gaming.

Jiahong

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Yea you can cut the tube off and use a double sided barbed fitting http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-barbed-tube-fittings/=12n925v to connect to other parts. (or maybe just go straight to the next component)
Most AIO radiator is made out of Aluminum if you mix it with Copper stuff in the loop you can get corrosion.

I bought most of my cooling stuff from ebay and cost me about $200. you can probably pick up a copper radiator from ebay for a cheaper price. Radiator are just a chunk of metal so I think used ones are fine, as long as it doesn't leak. Flush them nicely if you go that route because #$*%()$*$#$