Multiple Monitors Please Help

rosieboo

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hello Everyone

I was looking to add a second monitor to my build and i was wondering if there was a way to split an HDMI to have multiple screens.

I only have one HDMI output on my graphics card

If there is one could you give me an example(ie. Amazon)

I would prefer one that is cheap since i don't have very much money

is there a way to not effect main monitors frame rate/performance

Thank you everyone

Solution
Monitors don't split the cpu. Hdmi splitters will duplicate monitors. You have multiple outputs and will need to use an adapter if you are stuck with hdmi. Fps is not affected as long as you aren't doing anything intensive on the other monitor or in the background.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Well if you go to Amazon and type in hdmi splitter, you will find one hdmi port going into 2 or more hdmi. Plug in the one hdmi end into your card and then connect your monitors into the multiple hdmi ports. Sense you have more than one monitor, I think you will essentially be having 2 cores on each monitor if your CPU is a total of 4 cores. So about frame rate, I do not think it would be affected because those fps is on a single core. I am not one hundred percent sure, hope someone else can answer your second question with more confidence.

Monitors don't split the cpu. Hdmi splitters will duplicate monitors. You have multiple outputs and will need to use an adapter if you are stuck with hdmi. Fps is not affected as long as you aren't doing anything intensive on the other monitor or in the background.

Solution