Anyone else experiencing hard lockups on Windows 10 lately?

masterx1234

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Not sure if this issue is being caused by my hardware because uve seen others reporting the exact same issue, but i can just be browsing reddit or anything on my PC and at random times it will hard lock and i have to manually reset the PC. once restarted i went in and checked my temps, everything is looking great temp wise, i checked the memory and it passes with no errors. cpu passes all benchmarks. event viewer doesnt seem to show anything relevant and just says the last shutdown was unexpected. this issue only started recently, i have reason to believe its one of the new windows 10 updates that is causing it, are any of you others having these issues? specs below

CPU: i5-4670k (not overclocked)
GPU: gigabyte gtx 970
RAM: 8GB hyper X fury
PSU: Corsair GS800
MOBO: msi z97s sliplus
HDD: OCZ Vertex 3 SSD (all sectors pass when tested)

Solution
Make sure you've got your memory dumps turned on. I'll analyze one if you've got it. A kernel dump usually works.
People are often amazed that something they thought could never in a million years cause the issues... end up the root source of them.

"i have reason to believe its one of the new windows 10 updates" really? Clearly, it must be microsofts and not your fault, right? :))
No, mate, no lockups whatsoever. W10 is great.

masterx1234

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

nope no new hardware changes or software, i only started noticing the issues after the recent Cumulative update from windows, so far afetr uninstalling them i havent had another freeze up or any issues.

Starcruiser

Honorable
Make sure you've got your memory dumps turned on. I'll analyze one if you've got it. A kernel dump usually works.
People are often amazed that something they thought could never in a million years cause the issues... end up the root source of them.

Solution