Gaming Headset Microphone Not Recognized By The Computer

mynicka13

Commendable
May 12, 2016
Warning: I am a little clueless when it comes to this stuff.

I just bought a gaming headset with two plug ins (one for the microphone, one for the headset). I have a splitter that I've tried using as my laptop has only one audio port. I can hear everything fine from my headphones, but the microphone is not working.

When I go to manage my recording devices, the microphone on the gaming headset does not show up. I have ensured that disabled and disconnected devices are shown. It's still not there. It isn't there when I try plugging only the microphone in without the splitter either.

My question is do I go and buy a new splitter that will resolve the issue of my microphone being undetectable or is this an audio file problem where I need to download new software? I have tried updating sound driver software, and windows 10 says no new updates are available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

Before you buy a new splitter I would suggest trying these troubleshooting steps.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site of the laptop.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also check in Recording Devices again if the microphone will be listed or not.
- If it will still not work I would suggest replacing the splitter.