How to restrict access to internet properties

Taryn

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
Hi I was wondering if there is a way I can put a lock on the internet properties in order to stop people from disconnection the cp from the internet. One of my kids disconnects it when I am not home to give her smartphone more bandwidth. The other kid watches shows on it and I connect to it from my laptop at work. How can I simply lock her out of disconnecting from the internet with the main computer?

Solution
In hindsight, you tell her not to mess with the system ;) or that the system will hamper your life at work.

Jokes aside, if your system is logged in(be it as an administrator or a regular user) with it being used as a hotspot generator/AP it's best you add a password on your system(that is required during login) and put the system to lock screen. Further reading.

If she knows your password, you will have to change it. This does not however solve the issue since one of your children won't have access to it while it's highly possible that the one using your desktop for shows can be bullied for the new password, rendering your long route useless.

If the system is used as a hotspot generator I'd suggest you leave...

Lutfij

Titan
In hindsight, you tell her not to mess with the system ;) or that the system will hamper your life at work.

Jokes aside, if your system is logged in(be it as an administrator or a regular user) with it being used as a hotspot generator/AP it's best you add a password on your system(that is required during login) and put the system to lock screen. Further reading.

If she knows your password, you will have to change it. This does not however solve the issue since one of your children won't have access to it while it's highly possible that the one using your desktop for shows can be bullied for the new password, rendering your long route useless.

If the system is used as a hotspot generator I'd suggest you leave the desktop as is and invest in a wireless range extender. I apologize if I've misinterpreted your post but that's how I've read it to be.

Solution