Wacom or monitor for video editing

Skyward_Twilight23

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Guys since I am getting a cintiq I was thinking: do i need a good quality monitor for some softwares or everything will be better on the tablet?
Observation: the wacom is the cintiq 27qhd touch (5k display)
Thank you in advance

Solution
Hello,

I would personally use a monitor + tablet (Wacom of course). By the way, QHD = 2560x1440, 5k = 5120x2880, you're just a few million pixels off. :p

The problem with using a Cintiq (*in my opinion), is that the surface you work on is so large, meaning it'll actually slow you down, or definitely slow you down overtime. A tablet = your entire display in the active area, so a smaller tablet = faster to complete tasks. Of course that's subjective, but I did say "in my opinion". A Cintiq is more for drawing than editing, but you could always give it a shot and return it if you don't like it.
Hello,

I would personally use a monitor + tablet (Wacom of course). By the way, QHD = 2560x1440, 5k = 5120x2880, you're just a few million pixels off. :p

The problem with using a Cintiq (*in my opinion), is that the surface you work on is so large, meaning it'll actually slow you down, or definitely slow you down overtime. A tablet = your entire display in the active area, so a smaller tablet = faster to complete tasks. Of course that's subjective, but I did say "in my opinion". A Cintiq is more for drawing than editing, but you could always give it a shot and return it if you don't like it.

Solution