BSOD while watching streams

Markcelo

Reputable
Feb 25, 2016
Greetings,

So recently, I've noticed some minor freezes while watching streams, it only happens once, then it stops.
Unfortunately, today, my computer completely froze and I got a BSOD error, with the following message:

"VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL"

So I went to the reliability monitor and it shows 4 Hardware Errors (see image below), then the system crashes unexpectedly.

r9sAH8w.png

After doing some research, I found that the parameter 1 is 0xA which translates to:

"An invalid attempt to use a pinned allocation was made."

Here's the link of the error message that I got:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557238(v=vs.85).aspx

Here's the link of a .zip file, to download, that contains everything that may be required to analyse this issue:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/76llhhh8ufu41d9/MARKY-PC-12-05-2016__01146%2C62.zip

The details of the BSOD error according to the reliability monitor:

Origem
Windows

Resumo
Encerrou inesperadamente

Data
?11-?05-?2016 21:47

Estado
Relatório enviado

Assinatura do problema
Nome do Evento de Problema: BlueScreen
Código: 10e
Parâmetro 1: a
Parâmetro 2: ffffc001611cee20
Parâmetro 3: 0
Parâmetro 4: 0
Versão do SO: 10_0_10586
Service pack: 0_0
Produto: 256_1
Versão do SO: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48
ID de Região: 2070

Ficheiros que ajudam a descrever o problema (alguns ficheiros poderão deixar de estar disponíveis)
051116-14375-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

System hardware:

GPU: GTX 970
CPU: I5 4690
RAM: DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
PSU: XFX 550W

This ONLY happens while watching streams, which is extremely odd, I've tested various games to see if I would get similar freezes or even a BSOD, and I didn't, I tried intensive games such as GTA V, Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3.
I have the latest NVIDIA driver installed (365.10), I've used sfc /scannow various times, reinstalled my display driver completely using DDU and I keep getting random freezes.

Thank you for reading, I hope that you can assist me with this issue.

you have overclocking software installed:
remove RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner
RTCore64.sys

you have a USB wireless driver it is pretty common for these to mess up and cause failures in streaming on nvidia cards

you have a driver jswpslwfx.sys Thu May 15 03:28:50 2008
TP-Link Wireless PCIe device driver or D-Link USB Wireless Adapter Driver

it is a very old version and is not liky to work with your BIOS you have installed and very unlikly to have proper network support functions for streaming a modern GPU. The streaming software will hit a bug in the old network driver and failed function will tie up memory until the driver slows down and runs out of resources and the system bugchecks.

look for a update to your usb wireless driver or remove it from the system and use the wired LAN
for usb 1 or usb 2 you want a driver dated in 2012
for usb 3 you want a driver dated after march 2013
Oh, the drivers need to match the BIOS dates also (the BIOS sets up the electronics for the hardware and the dates above relate to the major specification change dates for USB)

but it requires a kernel memory dump to figure out if this is the case. the debug info is removed from a minidump.

Markcelo

Reputable
Feb 25, 2016

Greetings,

Thank you for replying to this thread.
I'll try updating my wireless adapter driver. I highly doubt, that the cause of the BSOD was because I had overclocking software installed.

Best regards,
Markcelo