Monitor vs TV for UHD Gaming

Babi__Sorin

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Hello! Later this month i will be upgrading to GTX 1080. My currently build is this: i7 6700k, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR4, Samsung 850 evo 240 so UHD is not a problem. My question is this: What should i go for display? UHD TV or UHD monitor ?

Solution
Definitely a TV then.

I will guide you through this,

-Where are you buying from ((list a website or else I won't be able to help)?
-What's your budget (currency)?
-What panel type?
-How big TV can you fit?

There are two types, IPS and VA, each with advantages and disadvantages, in short, IPS = bright viewing environment, extreme viewing angles, VA = dim/dark environment, perfect if you're slightly off center or from the front, otherwise you lose contrast and color.

-Features, 3D, Active or Passive?
-Refresh rate (60/120 (not counting interpolation)?

Also, this might answer any questions you have: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2895763/choosing-vizio-purchase.html

The only thing worth noting in my answers in that link, is...
Definitely a TV then.

I will guide you through this,

-Where are you buying from ((list a website or else I won't be able to help)?
-What's your budget (currency)?
-What panel type?
-How big TV can you fit?

There are two types, IPS and VA, each with advantages and disadvantages, in short, IPS = bright viewing environment, extreme viewing angles, VA = dim/dark environment, perfect if you're slightly off center or from the front, otherwise you lose contrast and color.

-Features, 3D, Active or Passive?
-Refresh rate (60/120 (not counting interpolation)?

Also, this might answer any questions you have: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2895763/choosing-vizio-purchase.html

The only thing worth noting in my answers in that link, is that HDR (High Dynamic Range) has got a "standard" now. There are still being manufacturered because brands want to have their own, but current modern 4k TV's will be compatible as long as they support HDMI 2.0, and HDCP 2.2 (copy protection).

Solution