Sometimes after cold boot, i get no signal on monitor.

HeWhoForgets

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hi,

My Specs:
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 670 directcu ii
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 (1155, 3.4GHz, *MB)
MOBO: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H (1155, Z77, DDR3)
RAM: DDR3 Corsair 8GB (2x4) kit 1600MHZ Vengeance
PSU: Corsair TX V2 Series 750W
Hard Drives: SSD Samsung 120GB Sata III 840
HDD WD SATA III 2TB 64 MB Caviar Green
Monitor 1: LG M2362DL
Monitor 2: LG29LN450B
Monitor 3: LG43UF6907

The Problem:
SOMETIMES, after shutting down and powering my pc back on, i won't get signal on any screen.

Description:
After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago, i was facing a few problems. What was suggested for one of the problems i was facing, was to, clean uninstall my gpu drivers and install latest ones. After i uninstalled the old drivers, a restart of my pc was required. I did it but, although the pc restarted i got no signal on my monitor. I restarted again from the power button and everything worked fine after that. That was 15 days ago. 5 days ago, i turned off my pc one night and the next morning i was facing the same problem. After restarting from the power button a few times (3 or 4) monitor started working again. Today the same problem appeared only this time, restart didnt seem to fix the problem (tried over 15 times).

Further Information
- When problem occurs, GPU fans and the 2 power lights on top of the PCI-E connection are working.
- Windows do start when the problem occurs cause i can hear the windows intro sound and i can type in my password and then hear skype logging in from my speakers. But i can't see anything during this proccess.
- Tried all three outputs (2 DVI, 1 HDMI) of my GPU on all 3 of my screens separately. No signal.
- Removed cables and cleaned ports. No signal.
- I tried the onboard video card and signal reappeared. Strange thing is, i did not remove my GPU while trying the onboard video card.
- Checked Device Manager while connected via the onboard video card and nvidia Geforce no longer appears there. Only the onboard card.
- So at that time, i figured i was facing a hardware problem with the gpu. Right? So i removed the GPU and tried it on a different computer. It worked fine.
- After working on a different computer i brought it back to my own pc and installed it again. Signal reappeared and everything running normally again (i am writing this post from my pc).
- I used the same PCI slot for my GPU. Due to lack of space, i cant install my GPU on a different PCI slot anyway.

Number of things i think could be causing this
- I had a similar problem in the past, around 18 months ago and after a long period of excesive gameplay, my pc suddenly turned off on its own. After i turn it back on, i got no signal on my monitor. After consaulting with a mechanical, he told me it was a hardware problem, and i sent my GPU back to ASUS and they fixed it free of charge cause it was still under warranty coverage. I got the same GPU repaired and not a new one though. So, although it doesn't seem hardware related, could it be the same problem happening again slowly this time? Hope not cause i am no longer under warranty.
- Like mentioned above, i have been facing a few more problems ever since upgrading to Windows 10. Most are OS-Hardware interraction related. So maybe could it be Windows 10 not communicating with the GPU properly?
- Now that PC is working fine again, i went and took a look at my Device manager once again. After choosing Properties->Events Tab->Information Label shows me this message: "Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1189&SUBSYS_83F81043&REV_A1\4&195d2875&0&0008 requires further installation." I am not sure if this was appearing before, or just now, after re installing my GPU on the MOBO.
- I have also been facing some motherboard related (possibly) problems. Like, my keyboard and mouse not responding from certain USB ports on the back or working with lag but if i connect them to different USB ports everything works fine. Again these problems started after the Windows 10 upgrade so i am not sure if it is hardware or software related. So could it be the motherboard having problems powering/handling certain slots?
- Lastly, i just recently added the 2 extra tv sets. Up until 20 days ago i was using my monitor (LG M2362DL) and just occasionaly connecting my tv for watching a movie or something via HDMI. But 20 days ago i bought a new tv (LG43UF6907) and did some modifications to my leaving room and added a third tv as well. So now i am using my monitor (LG M2362DL) as main (connected with DVI-I) and LG29LN450B as a second monitor (connected with DVI-D) for some programs i want to have always on the back, seeing them run. My new tv (LG43UF6907 connected with HDMI) is being used as my last tv, occasionally for movies. I now leave the HDMI connected all the time since when i turn off my tv, my pc is also losing the signal from that tv. So, i wasn't even sure i could run 3 tvs on windows. Apparently i can. But maybe this is coliding with my GPU max Resolution? I am not even sure if what i am saying makes sense but isn't the DVI Max Resolution set to 2560x1600? What happens when the two, or even worse, three screens are exceeding that ammount?

Extra Thoughts
Since my pc is wokring fine now, i am not in immediate need for help but since the problem can be annoying i would like to start rulling out stuff so i can be more prepared the next time it will happen. So please share your thoughts with me like i did the same thing with mine. Also i am not positive i am posting this on the right section but i think the problem is 60-70% GPU related so this is why i decided to post it here. Apologies if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance!

HeWhoForgets

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Problem hasn't occured again. Kind of disturbing i didn't get any thoughts from anybody though. Did i do something wrong? Is there something i missed mentioning?