windows 10 installation stuck every time at 18 to 27 percent in getting files ready to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay_b

Commendable
May 14, 2016
windows 10 installation stuck every time at 18 to 27 percent in getting files ready to install no matter what i do, i tried to install with other usb drive and also tried to install 8.1 but same problem had occurred i dont know what to do now, can anyone please help me?

Colif

Win 11 Master
how old is the iso? did you only dl it recently? I only ask as everyone complaining about a stuck installer dates back to August last year, especially at 18%. So if you using an old one, download a newer version and try again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ok, back to drawing board...

run installer, after 1st screen where it asks for languages, select repair this pc, not install (yet)
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select command prompt
Enter the following command into the prompt;
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN

restart installer, it might take two cleans to do it but you should get past 27% now.

Vijay_b

Commendable
May 14, 2016
i have 2 other partition in my hard drive and one primary or system drive in which m installing, i have already clean the drive so there's no old system files left :( ow n i had win 8.1 installed before.

Vijay_b

Commendable
May 14, 2016
yes i know it isnt !! ow n its WD Green 1 Tb Hard drive and i've done testing it many times still nothing has found! i tried installing ubuntu today as u said and it worked its doesnt intalled bt i ran it directly from pendrive and its working fine i mean thers no problem i can see all my data and everything is fine! i cant actually figure out what the problem is, Some people says that maybe its the SATA 3 problem ! well ive connected it to sata 3 port in MB and was working just fine till the day !

Colif

Win 11 Master
so its not hdd, and its empty anyway. and you used 2 different usb and a win 8.1 installer.. and they all do same thing.

time to look elsewhere...

what are specs of the pc?

have you updated bios?

might want to test the ram: http://www.memtest86.com/

I don't really know why it would just stop installing. Hence i think we need to test pc and see if its hardware.

might help: https://communities.intel.com/thread/96603?tstart=0

Vijay_b

Commendable
May 14, 2016
i have i5 4440 3.1 Ghz
4Gb Corsair DDR3 & 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Both with same frequency
1 TB WD Green HDD
MSI B85M G43 MB
And Nvidia GT730 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card

Vijay_b

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Yes I have 3.9 version, just downloaded yesterday and installed,
n me neither, i mean everything after 21 % Stucks i can still move my mouse courser and after 1 to 2 house a msg appears saying "Windows cannot install require files. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation error code : 0x80007045D" after that i tried installing windows 8.1 but still the same thing happens again and again, feeling kinda pissed off. but thank u, i really appreciate it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You should get a 250gb ssd, its so much faster than the hdd, and just use hdd for storage if at all. It sounds like its struggling to copy anything onto it now though.

once i worked out where in installer you were, its obvious. its win 10 trying to install onto drive and clearly its not working as well as planned.

Vijay_b

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Sorry I was looking my WD box for the serial no but could find it and than i realised that they put it on the HDD Also so. here is S/N : WCC4J3RRSZ4A and thanks for the help, i really appreciate it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.