Benq gaming monitor (performance not included)

Viscte

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
I went from my Samsung 4k 60hz to the Benq XL2411Z 144hz. I was running 4k at 60 frames and now for a little over 120FPS I've received a major reduction in quality. I've heard it said at 144hz you'll never be able to go back to 60 but what about 4k going back to... not 19k? Is the 8ms really more important than actually being able to see characters and objects not being pixilated? and what about getting 144FPS? At this point I'm thinking it's not even reasonably possible to accomplish this with max settings since I practically have the best graphics card out right now x2. The GTX Titan X. I just updated my graphics settings and did a clean install and nothing. My monitor simply looks bad. What could be the redeeming qualities of 144hz when the resolution is pretty much maxed at around 2500?

A lot of it is because of the panel the XL2411Z is using. It's 6 bit, that's more than 16 million colors less than your old monitor. This is what sets IPS and TN apart in the low end price point. The best compromise right now is either the PB278Q which is a 8 bit TN, but rather poor contrast uniformity and color loss at angles, or a 1440p IPS, which are slightly more expensive. As far as the response times are concerned, ignore those, they're fake. No such thing as a 8 ms response time, 60 Hz is closer to 16 ms, and 144 Hz is closer to 7 ms, with the exception of other technologies alongside it such as Lightboost, Black frame insertion, or Ultra low motion blur.

All the best!