stuttering after sleep when downloading something.

coguy1

Commendable
May 14, 2016
so i have this problem after my computer wakes up from sleep any download(youtube video or file download whether it is a p2p or through a browser) will cause a lot of stuttering and my system will be very slow to response. i tried to diagnose this i suspect it might a disk writing problem but, why after sleep that is the question. i already tried Ethernet (my network card seem to be ok.)
update it seems the problem is present after long periods of sleep or it might after system restore i slept while the laptop was not plugged in woke up with the battery still 18% and checked for the problem and there it was.

Hi,

Please do try changing some settings in Power Options that may help.
- Open Power Options then click on Change Plan Settings then Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Hard Disk then set Turn off Hard disk after to NEVER.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF.
- Set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Do also set Sleep Mode to Never.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also make sure that the mouse and keyboard are both set to wake up the laptop.

coguy1

Commendable
May 14, 2016
hey Laptop Master thank you for your timely response,i have previously checked these settings. and re checked them nothing was changed i made my cpu sleep and woke it up and it seems that the problem didn't happen meaning that sleep might not be the trigger for it i think it might be a problem after battery is depleted i'm going to try to deplete it and see if the problem appears after the battery is depleted and computer re-plugged in(the problem did not go away before, even when plugged in and on high performance).