HTC Now Taking Orders For Spare Vive Parts, Shipping June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to focus on getting full kits out to the preorders first, then deal with spare parts later. Oculus will probably do the same thing.

It does look like HTC are pretty close to done chewing through the preorder queue. I got a pre-payment authorization email for my preorder a couple days ago, and that order was placed in mid-April.

Brandon_29

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
HTC had their act together on shipping the Vive and that is why I cancelled my Rift. I pre-ordered both day one at the <10 minutes mark. Rift was saying June and I had my Vive in hand 3 weeks ago. Now that I have played the Vive the Rift doesn't even interest me. Without the room tracking it would be far too novel to keep my interest. There are a few sit games with the Vive, but they at best give you an hour of one time entertainment. I realize we are still early in the stage, but room tracking adds so much to the table that it doesn't feel like VR without it.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
HTC had their act together on shipping the Vive and that is why I cancelled my Rift. I pre-ordered both day one at the <10 minutes mark. Rift was saying June and I had my Vive in hand 3 weeks ago. Now that I have played the Vive the Rift doesn't even interest me. Without the room tracking it would be far too novel to keep my interest. There are a few sit games with the Vive, but they at best give you an hour of one time entertainment. I realize we are still early in the stage, but room tracking adds so much to the table that it doesn't feel like VR without it.

Amen to that, The Vive room tracking makes the Rift feel like you just dropped all that cash just for some weird 3D peripherals. Nothing like walking around an object and picking it up.

Filmgeek47

Honorable
May 29, 2016
Has anyone actually been able to find a site from HTC where you can order this stuff? The link in the article is just a blank HTC store page with a Vive image, no info or order links...

Maybe they're sold out or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.