my PC just powers back on after been powered off after 30 mins or so what is that.?

RunawayWheel

Commendable
May 16, 2016
i dont know why but when i power off my PC after 15 to 30 mins it turns it's self back on wakes me up at night as the PC is in my bedroom...?

Solution
Did you turn off fast boot? that should turn pc off rather than use hybrid shutdown. PC shouldn't be able to turn its self back on if its off. It is the same thing as using the psu switch and less stressing on parts.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you changed power options to sleep instead of shut down?

have you changed the power plans of your mouse/keyboard so they don't wake up pc if accidentally bumped?

if you use hibernate it may occasionally restart at 3.30am to install updates, that is the default time win updates install. Until next version of win 10 anyway.

you can turn off fast boot and then it tunrs pc off when you shut down, rather than use hybred hibernate. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you turn off fast boot? that should turn pc off rather than use hybrid shutdown. PC shouldn't be able to turn its self back on if its off. It is the same thing as using the psu switch and less stressing on parts.

Solution