Changing hdd to sdd issues: how to valid the new Win and boot the previous one on hdd as external hard

Hamid_5

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Hi my friends
I want to replace my laptop HDD by a SSD. I have an upgraded Win 10 on HDD(from Win 7 Home). Now i have some questions about it;
1-Is it possible to install a new Win 10 Home on SSD without any migrating so that the new Win 10 will be validated automatically since i have heard that Windows is validated by Motherboard information.

2- If answer of the above question is true i.e automatically validating process of Windows, have i install Win 7 Home at first and then upgrade to Win 10?

3- If answer of the first question is false and i want to install a new original Win 10 on SSD, is it possible to use previous Win 10 installed on HDD through booting on external HDD?

I would like to thank all of my friends that read this passage and try to answer.

Solution
I don't know anything about AOMEI, but I have used Easeus Todo Backup Free to back up my system to an external hard drive, then replaced the drive, then restored to the new drive. That works just fine. I believe I've seen others report doing the same with Macrium Reflect, but I've never used that product.

Good luck.
You are right that the license is tied to your motherboard. You can clone your HDD to an SSD or backup your HDD to an external drive, then restore to the SSD. It appears that MS doesn't invalidate your Win 7 license, so you should be able to reinstall it in a separate partition if that's what you want to do.

Good luck.

Hamid_5

Commendable
May 16, 2016

tnx for ur response. If i want to migrate Win 10 from HDD to SSD by special App like AOMEI, how i can do it on a laptop? in the other words, since two hard drives can not connect to the device in one time, how i can migrate to SSD? Is it possible to connect SSD by Hard Box through USB and then migrate?
it is also i could not find a straight and clear response from u about the second question; Can i install a fresh Win 10 Home on SSD so that it could be validated automatically by Motherboard information or not?

I don't know anything about AOMEI, but I have used Easeus Todo Backup Free to back up my system to an external hard drive, then replaced the drive, then restored to the new drive. That works just fine. I believe I've seen others report doing the same with Macrium Reflect, but I've never used that product.

Good luck.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS