1440p 144hz monitor suggestions

TheodoreRoosevelt

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
Hi, I'm planning on upgrading my monitor in the near future and want to get a 1440p 144hz monitor with an ips panel. So far, I had been looking primarily at gsync displays but I realized I don't necessarily need gsync as long as my hardware can push the fps high enough (I plan on purchasing a gtx 1070 or 1080 once they release). So, what monitors do you recommend? I'd be fine with a freesync display even though I couldn't use it, the cheaper cost is a great incentive. I'd prefer a curved monitor, but from what I've seen, most of those are crazy expensive. Thanks!

Solution
I'm in the same boat. Just biding time till next month to do a new build and I'm looking at a new monitor.

Leaning to the Acer Predator at 1440 144hz, but not sure if it's better than the similar ASUS model to justify the extra price.

Anyone have any advice to add?

roblov1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
I'm in the same boat. Just biding time till next month to do a new build and I'm looking at a new monitor.

Leaning to the Acer Predator at 1440 144hz, but not sure if it's better than the similar ASUS model to justify the extra price.

Anyone have any advice to add?

Solution