IDT highdefinition audio codec / multiple audio drivers

dhkim199

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I have AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon HD Grahpics but I have replaced the graphic card with Nvidea Gefore GTX750 TI.

Under sound, video, and game controllers, I have two drivers installed: Nvidea high definition audio(fully functioning) AND IDT high definition Audio Codec.(not functioning at this moment)
Currently I am using Nvidea high definition audio that is connected to my monitor sound output jack, though the graphics card board itself does not have any output jack for sound output/microphone input.

There is also an error:A device attached to the system is not functioning when I try to update the IDT high definition Audio codec driver, which I have found many sources online how to fix the error.

My question is since i have multiple audio codec installed, I am wondering it would cause any problem if both audio codec is fully installed.

Basically what I want to do is use both audio codec so I can access audio jacks in my mother board, but I have heard from other sources that it might cause system error if there is more than 1 audio driver installed for my motherboard and the graphics card.
Please help!!!

Solution
1| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your connected peripherals and audio equipment? Disable automatic device driver updates.
2| When in Windows' platform, you're allowed to set only one audio output device while the second audio device can be set by your media player or games(within their settings).
3| I'd suggest you have your default audio, in Sound Manager, set to your IDT High definition audio device to enable you it use the headsets.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your connected peripherals and audio equipment? Disable automatic device driver updates.
2| When in Windows' platform, you're allowed to set only one audio output device while the second audio device can be set by your media player or games(within their settings).
3| I'd suggest you have your default audio, in Sound Manager, set to your IDT High definition audio device to enable you it use the headsets.

Solution