Changing audio device handling in Windows 10?

isocuda

Commendable
May 16, 2016
My audio interface comes up as a "Line out" and thus when I change volume in windows the level OBS records also changes.

With onboard audio or my sound card which are listed as "Speakers" in the playback tab, they always output reference volume to OBS regardless of what I set my volume too.

My question: Can I manually change how windows classifies my audio interface?

If I could change it to be handled like "speakers" the behavior would work properly.

Solution
1| Disable automatic device driver updates.
2| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your audio equipment and connected peripherals?
3| Have you made sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers(namely chipset) are up to date?

4|
Can I manually change how windows classifies my audio interface?
Provided it comes with it's drivers, you won't need to though that will only happen if you disable automatic device drivers. Windows updates tend to pass on a mish mash of drivers for devices that aren't meant to be paired and can result in inoperable/malfunctioning systems with Windows 10.

If you're in doubt, downloading the driver(if any) from your manufacturer's site and installing them in compatibility...

Lutfij

Titan
1| Disable automatic device driver updates.
2| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your audio equipment and connected peripherals?
3| Have you made sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers(namely chipset) are up to date?

4|
Can I manually change how windows classifies my audio interface?
Provided it comes with it's drivers, you won't need to though that will only happen if you disable automatic device drivers. Windows updates tend to pass on a mish mash of drivers for devices that aren't meant to be paired and can result in inoperable/malfunctioning systems with Windows 10.

If you're in doubt, downloading the driver(if any) from your manufacturer's site and installing them in compatibility mode(if the don't have official support for Windows 10) can be done:
Right Click Installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from drop down menu].

Solution