Bring Tom's Tech Videos Back!

I was thinking a little while ago how some sites are not receiving tech samples and all that. Looking for why Tech companies might not be providing stuff to sites I like and such and I remembered a simple thing and it all suddenly made sense!

You guys, here at Toms, had a great Video series that basically discussed technology and showcased some bits of technology. In the era of Youtube, I think it would be great for Toms to bring it back. It might not be cheap, but there is a business case behind it!

The more following you have, the easier it will be to get stuff to review and all, right? Adding Youtube as a "weapon" in your already good arsenal would be a good idea, I'd say. I know you guys have the channel already, so It's just a matter of getting a person willing to appear in the videos.

Also, yes, I miss that show a lot, haha.

Pretty please? :D

Cheers!

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
You're right, we do have a YouTube channel already! It's updated from time to time, but definitely not as often as we'd like.

Video is absolutely something we're going to expand on. Tom's Guide, our sister site, has already made that shift with the addition of live video AMA's about new products. It's something we'll build up on gradually, because we do recognize the impact and influence that videos have in this era.

That being said, Tom's Hardware does face a number of difficulties on that end. For one thing, the team is spread out all over the place! TG's staff and facilities are all located in the same office, but TH's writers mostly work remote with only a skeleton crew manning the LA offices—and the labs are located halfway across the country.

I will definitely pass along this request so that they know there is active interest in it. It may even speed up the process, knowing that we have an eager audience already waiting! If anybody else wants more video content, make sure you make yourself heard!

Thanks for answering!

And yes, I definitely want to see you guys get together and just talk about technology. You could leverage Video technology to link with all your reporters around the world. Pre-recorded shows are not bad IMO. Post edit is a good idea to catch mistakes and all that. A bit more complex, but good none the less.

Just play with the idea of having video conference or "virtual meetings" of sorts. You could go with the "single host, mini videos" format, etc.

I just love the idea of knowledgeable people talking and discussing topics of interest. There's always knowledge you can get from it.

Cheers!