Steam Store not loading after upgrading to Windows 10

kosamchetoo

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
Today i upgraded to Windows 10. Everything has been great so far, but when I open Steam the only tab I can open is Library. All other tabs are not loading. Also when I try to open the other tabs (Store, Community) my CPU usage goes very high.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Please try the following.

1. End your Steam process.
2. Go to your Steam.exe location.
3. Right click Steam.exe and go to properties.
4. Got to the compatibility tab which you can click at the top.
5. Uncheck "Run this program as Administrator."
6. Apply and Okay.
7. Run Steam.

There is clearly differences in administrator rights in the different versions of Windows. This isn't just the fault of Steam, Windows is clearly to blame as well. Windows 10 has caused me MANY problems not just this. Steam should be able to figure out a fix for this as well, so they are also to blame.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/490123197947754766/

jbrianj

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
I upgraded to the release preview of Windows 10 Redstone(Anniversary update) and Steam broke for me. What fixed it is changing to the Steam beta release.

Daniel_295

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
I tried changing to/from the steam beta, uninstalling/reinstalling steam and nothing worked. Finally I right clicked on the steam icon in my system tray and selected settings > Web browser and deleted all cookies and cleared the cache and then everything started working again. Can't explain why, but it worked so I am thankful.

JLG911

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Daniel_295 had a very easy and effective way to get steam to display like it should

"Finally I right clicked on the steam icon in my system tray and selected settings > Web browser and deleted all cookies and cleared the cache and then everything started working again."

Thanks Daniel.

Drolgurd

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Hey there. I just started a steam support ticket for this same issue. I load up steam, and it keeps refreshing the store, with nothing opening and my mouse reload wheel kept refreshing too but it would not complete a full turn. So I tried everything, from reinstalling to copying old files a lot. So, I happen to be looking at the tab in the steam settings. And if you go to the web browser section, there is 2 buttons one that says "DELETE WEB BROWSER CACHE" and "DELETE ALL BROWSER COOKIES". So I pressed them both, and all the sudden my store was loading. And then the mouse wheel stopped refreshing and i was able to get onto the store. I don't know if it was luck or a fix but, I hope this may help you and if you can, pass the word along because i don't belong to reddit or other steam forums, and I cannot post this on any other forums. I happen to see yours and I was able to. I hope this helps you and everyone else with this problem, because my friend has this issue now and when he comes home I hope it works for him too. Good luck!

Jackster132

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

Utkarsh_Roach

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
My problem is even worse. It happened last night around 3 am and all of a sudden I wasn't able to access my steam mail, where I just got 2 new items after just newly downloading and playing "Rocket League". Since then, neither is my account loading on PC, nor on the browser, nor on the effing mobile via Steam app!

This came up every time I tried to even open the steam homepage on the browser...
"An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.502c1ab8.1482517377.52ddc86b"