tried everything but still cant fix "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER"

Will_5399

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Basicly recently my asrock 990fx xtreme 3 mb broke, I got a replacemt and all worked well. AboUt 4 weeks later and my pc shut down, I lost signal and audio but led's stayed on and fans span up. This happened a few times when playing crysis 3 and other games. Now that has stopped but I get a blue screen on my main monitor with a sad face saying my pc ran into a problem and it is collecting error info, I get an error code saying THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. I've reinstalled graphic drivers. I have used wagnard. Clean and removed registry errors and the same blue error screen is poping up. Somone please help me. I don't know if my mb is breaking again or my PSU is failing or my gpu(s) are failing.
Ps- I have crossfire cards if that helps.

I Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 17/05/2016 19:33:16 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051716-14843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x75640)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000EA (0xFFFFE001AE7FE840, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

On Tue 17/05/2016 19:33:16 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x75640)
Bugcheck code: 0xEA (0xFFFFE001AE7FE840, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

On Tue 17/05/2016 18:28:38 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051716-14234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x45FB3)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000EA (0xFFFFE001B72A8840, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

below are my specs

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver in this order.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the PC once the driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do also make sure that AMD is set as the default GPU.
- If all these will still not work, do also test it without the crossfire set up.

Will_5399

Commendable
May 17, 2016

did the driver reinstall and still hgasnt solved my issue. i have just tried my first gpu and i didnt get the wrror my pc just shut of but fans stayed on , swapped for my other and same thing. im begginging to belive it could be the mb :( but i dont know how to find out. would a bios update work?

UPDATE!
I tried with just one monitor and 1 card, didnt have a assue for the 15 mins i tested. added the crossfire and the blue error screen came up after 5 mins of playing