3 Displays at one time...extended...ATI...UGH!

Wingnaprayer

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Been pulling my hair out trying to make this work. Possibly just don't have the right cables or card...please help.

OK, what I have is this:
ATI 5750 card with 3 out puts DVI, HDMI, and DP
3 monitors, Acer analog 17" (2 of these), Asus digital 24" (1)
1 acer is connected to DVI port on card with a passive adapter
1 acer connected to HDMI port with supposedly and active adapter/cord
1 Asus is connected to the DP port with a DP to DVI cord dual link adapter cord (both the monitor and card are dual link), also I set this one to "main display"

I thought this would be all I need for extended desktop and eyefininity to work, but no dice...all 3 monitors show up as working, but the software will still only let me use any 2 at one time.

would an active adapter for the 1st monitor listed solve the problem or is this just never going to work? I honestly can't identify the card other than it is a HD5750...it was my understanding there should be some way to get this working because the card has display port

Thanks for any ideas!

Solution
Yes, I think an active adapter will solve the problem..

The 5750 series can support upto 5 Displays.. -- active adapters will actively translate the DVI signal coming from the monitor into a native DisplayPort signal for the GPU. A native DisplayPort signal is required for AMD Eyefinity because DisplayPort signals can be synchronized by the GPU to keep all of your monitors moving in concert.

please see this 3-monitor AMD EYEFINITY setup guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0X0lNFmgw&list=PL6CFEA6C71BB14979&index=4

Anurag20

Reputable
May 10, 2016
Yes, I think an active adapter will solve the problem..

The 5750 series can support upto 5 Displays.. -- active adapters will actively translate the DVI signal coming from the monitor into a native DisplayPort signal for the GPU. A native DisplayPort signal is required for AMD Eyefinity because DisplayPort signals can be synchronized by the GPU to keep all of your monitors moving in concert.

please see this 3-monitor AMD EYEFINITY setup guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0X0lNFmgw&list=PL6CFEA6C71BB14979&index=4

Solution