PlayStation 3 gaming

kaushik37

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I have a plan to buy a Sony PlayStation 3 of 12 GB super slim model (not the modified one). Suppose, I want to play 25 to 30 games, not all at a time but one by one, since all playing at one time is impossible. Can I be able to play it? Is there any disadvantage regarding this? Please note that I would play games only and would not do anything else such as watching movies or playing songs.

Solution
many games require hdd space. if they do not, the game will still run much faster with it. the price of the 12gb sounds too good to be true and it is - you will need to push $50-80 into a hard drive and the bracket (iirc the 12gb model doesnt come with the bracket for mounting a hdd but i could be wrong) which puts you into the cost of what the hdd model would have originally.

at minimum you would need to clear the game data between each and every title likely. if space is very bad you may even need to get rid of savedata.

can you play games? sure, unless a title required more than 12gb install space. the games are going to run slower (loading times from disk are much longer) and its going to be a pain clearing the data between gams...

kaushik37

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
In that case, suppose I played GTA 5, after full playing I found that the HDD is full. Now I want to play God of War 3. What I have to do to clear the HDD? Should I have to clean the HDD to play new games? What then about the previously played games?

many games require hdd space. if they do not, the game will still run much faster with it. the price of the 12gb sounds too good to be true and it is - you will need to push $50-80 into a hard drive and the bracket (iirc the 12gb model doesnt come with the bracket for mounting a hdd but i could be wrong) which puts you into the cost of what the hdd model would have originally.

at minimum you would need to clear the game data between each and every title likely. if space is very bad you may even need to get rid of savedata.

can you play games? sure, unless a title required more than 12gb install space. the games are going to run slower (loading times from disk are much longer) and its going to be a pain clearing the data between gams if you use the onboard memory (if its even big enough.. some titles may push you to the limit)

Solution

you can go into "game data utility" under the game category and delete the game data from there