The best Eye care, Eye/Brain health ECO-friendly Screen/Monitor

tumba_lone991

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I have major problems with blue-light and screen flickering and i think i am becoming epileptic i was wondering which is the best Monitor to buy for my conditions.

I have come down to these 2 picks but if you have any better ones to suggest please feel free.
http://www.viewsonic.com.au/products/lcd/VX2263Smhl.php
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/VP228H/

I am on the computer anywhere from 6 - 12 hours a day. Thanks

I know there is programs like F.Lux out there but i don't think it works better than a in-build screen.
I have blu-blocker glasses but sometimes i just want some more brightness for better alert/gaming performance.

tumba_lone991

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Excuse me there is such thing, I have been researching this stuff for years its scientifically proven which is why they create those monitors and lights and sunglasses that remove harmful UV/Blue-Light emitting rays please don't comment if you are not educated on the subject.

Prescription lenses DO NOT help with Blue-Light unless you specifically ask them to use poly-carbonate lenses that protect against blue/UV-A and UV-B electromagnetic radiation but i do not have eye problems i have health concerns.

No, there isn't.

They create those monitors to hit a niche market, people who are concerned, even though it's not an issue to begin with. Yeah, blue light is an issue when staring at the sun, but an LCD you can't permanently harm your eyes in any way shape or form. I'm very educated on the subject, don't think that I'm not.

Just a reminder. You're staring at a LCD monitor which has several thin layers behind the glass, until you finally get to the LED's, which aren't even pointing at the user. They are placed on the top or bottom. And even if they were backligt, not edge lit, there's still no harm.

Lightbulbs flicker and spread blue light too, why don't you wear sunglasses indoors, hmm? Starting to get my point how ridiculous this sounds?

Sylvvester

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
If you don't know how well software like f.lux works then why don't you try? Afterall it's free unlike the monitor.
I use f.lux on windows and redshift on linux. Default settings remove blue light during night, but you can configure it to always remove blue light and adjust the amount. f.lux may not work with some games (so far I only noticed some problems when running killing floor).
I also recommend using stylish plugin for your browser with midnight surfing style.

Although I don't have problems with eyes like you, I feel that using these tools puts less strain on my eyes while I sit in front of pc (10+ hours a day).

tumba_lone991

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I have f.lux and use it but it doesn't come nowhere near to how well blue-blocker glasses specifically designed for that do it. They actually remove the blue light 100% when programs don't which is why i am interested in these 2 screens and trying to figure out which is better.