Can't get native resolution on graphic applications

ssyjm1

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
I have a new custom build with a new Asus x99 Deluxe and GTX 980 Ti. I also have three monitors with different resolutions and they work fine except that when I open graphic applications, the screen resolution is almost half the native resolution no matter which monitor I use, even though the PC always detects the native resolution.

I can't always tell by looking, it depends on what's on the screen, but if I capture the screen with 100% scaling on dxtory with a 2160p monitor, the resolution with the window maximized is 1536 x 818 on Google Earth and 1536 x 841 on virtual worlds. If I try custom resolution instead of scaling and force it to record 3840 x 2160, the captures don't look any sharper so I think it's just blowing up the images.

I don't think dxtory is the problem because things don't look any sharper when I'm not using it. All my documents look sharp on these monitors. When I view 2160p videos on YouTube on the 2160p monitor, they look like 2160p. It's just these applications. I tried swapping the GPU and it hasn't helped. The GPUs are updated and so are the monitors.