My computer doesn't pick up my headset mic? Please help!

bazingaking77

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
Hi,
I decided to take a break from skype etc. for about a week, and my headset and mic were working fine then. However, since coming back, I have found out that my headset earphones work and output sound, however the mic is not picked up. My headset is the HyperX Cloud II Gaming headset, and has a detachable mic, and I have tried detaching the microphone from the headset and plugging that into the computer by itself, and the microphone is then picked up, however still does not work with skype. I have also tried going into the 'Manage Audio Devices' menu via Recording Devices, and adjusting via the Levels tab, however the bar that moves up the scale from 0 to 100 will not actually move, and so I am unsure of what to do.

Please help if you can?
Thanks,
-B

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site of the motherboard.
- Once installed, reboot the PC for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also make sure that your headphones is set in Skype.
- Here's how: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA897/solving-your-microphone-issues-windows-desktop

bazingaking77

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
Just working through those solutions now, and I cam across the headset microphone properties, and under events it mentioned that the headset had 'migrated' about the time it stopped working. Since I don't know what it means by migrated, any chance you could clear it up for me please?